1. Select the specific services you need 2. Give us some details about your project 3. Connect with verified pros
Why Use SmartLiving?
Compare Pros: We find you up to 3 Home Repair Pros in less than 24 hours. That Means you can compare project estimates side by side without having to call multiple pros yourself
100% Free: Our Home Repair estimates are 100% free. We don't ask for ANY financial information and you can use us as many times as you like.
Qualified Professionals: Our pros are all verified by our team. We know difficult it can be to find a reliable pro so let us do it for you.
With millions of people stuck at home over the last few months, home improvement activity skyrocketed in the United States. But things didn't always go to plan. Fixing kitchen cabinets might look easy enough, but it's best to leave things to our professionals here at SmartLiving!
Various home repair services are available to homeowners:
HVAC system repair
This list is by no means exhaustive. There are hundreds of home modifications.
Who Carries Out Handyman Services?
Typically, people enlist a "service handyman/woman" to carry out repairs. Costs of home repair depend on the service, handyman, services area, and other factors.
What are "Do It All" Handyman Services?
Some handymen specialize in one type of home repair service, such as plumbing. Others carry out multiple services. As the name suggests, do-it-all handymen do it all or, at the very least, perform several services. Do-it-all handymen might work independently or as part of a team. Each team member might specialize in a particular service. (An electrician, plumber, and HVAC handyman might work as a team, for example.)
Here at SmartLiving, we connect you with the right professionals.
Everything You Wanted to Know About Home Repair Services
Why Do You Need a Handyman?
Doing home repairs can be labor-intensive. You might not have the time, resources, or tools to carry out repairs successfully. The truth is, many home improvements end in disaster because people overestimate their abilities. Carrying out any kind of home repair could do more harm than good. For example, you could damage your property.
1. Increase the value of your home.
2. Safeguard your family from danger (leaking pipes, dangerous electrical systems, etc.).
3. Save money on utility bills (energy-efficient heaters/cooler installation, for example).
How to Find Home Handyman Services
Research! Start by asking friends, family, and co-workers for the contact info of reliable repair services they have used. You might even get money off services from a referral.
Next, search online for reputable repair services. Check the handyman's website for experience, credentials, and licenses. Alternatively, use a handyman service like SmartLiving or House Doctors, where you can find handyman services in your community.
Tip: Most states don't require handymen service providers to obtain a license for non-structural work. However, structural work typically requires a general handyman license. Make sure your handyman has the correct documentation! A quick email or phone call should provide you with the information you need if it's not listed online.
It's always a good idea to talk to a handyman over the phone before you agree to a particular job. This way, you can develop a rapport and establish whether the handyman is right for you. Unfortunately, there are lots of bogus handymen out there. If something doesn't feel right about a handyman, look elsewhere.
When searching for a handyman online, consider the following:
1. Price: Ask the handyman about the cost of the home repair service before you go any further. Work with a handyman that caters to your budget and provides good value-for-money. Look for any hidden costs too. (This could be in the small print so increase the text size!)
2. Customer service: Work with a handyman that provides excellent customer service. You should be able to communicate any problems you have during the home improvement process.
3. Keep it local: Choosing a handyman that works in local service areas supports the community, especially during COVID-19.
4. Experience: How long has a handyman worked for? Have they established a good reputation in your area? Using a service like SmartLiving or House Doctors helps you establish this information.
Handyman Services: Final Word
Looking for "handyman services near me?" Home repair is an umbrella term for all kinds of home improvement services, from roof repair to pipe installation. Using the services of an experienced, professional handyman might require an initial outlay, but it could save you money in the long run. However, it's important to choose the right services handyman for the job. Do your research, speak to loved ones, use a House Doctors like SmarLiving!